Faculty & Staff
Director of Sacred Music at Notre Dame
Professor Margot Fassler's special fields of study are medieval and American sacred music, and the liturgy of the Latin Middle Ages. Her subspecialties are liturgical drama of the Middle Ages and Mariology.
Associate Director of Student Life and Formation
Father Michael Driscoll is the founding director of the MSM Program. His scholarly interests are in the area of liturgy, sacramental theology and theology and the arts.
Associate Director of Academics
Gregorian chant is at the center of Professor Peter Jeffery's wide-ranging scholarly research interests. Jeffery’s publications have focused on medieval music, especially liturgical chant.
Associate Director for Performance and Events
Carmen-Helena Téllez is a leading choral conductor and teacher of conducting, as well as an expert on contemporary music.
Executive Committee Member and Director of the Organ Program
Craig Cramer has played on historic organs all over the world, and has placed numerous students into organ and sacred music positions.
Faculty who teach in the Program of Sacred Music, by alpha
- Kimberly Belcher - Professor of Liturgical Studies
- Alexander Blachly - Professor of Music History and Analysis
- Craig Cramer - Professor of Organ and Director of the Organ Program
- Mark Doerries - Mellon Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Music and Interdisciplinarity and Lilly Guest Conductor for the Notre Dame Children's Choir
- Michael Driscoll - Associate Professor of Liturgical Studies and Associate Director of Student Life and Formation
- Margot Fassler - Professor of Music History and Analysis and Director of Sacred Music at Notre Dame
- Mary Frandsen - Associate Professor of Music History and Analysis
- Tala Jarjour - Associate Professor of Music History and Analysis
- Peter Jeffery - Professor of Music History and Analysis and Associate Director of Academics
- Maxwell Johnson - Professor of Liturgical Studies
- Stephen Lancaster - Assistant Professional Specialist of Voice
- Nancy Menk - Adjunct Professor of Choral Conducting
- Daniel Stowe - Associate Professional Specialist of Choral Conducting
- Carmen-Helena Téllez - Professor of Conducting and Director of Choral Conducting Program
- Paul Walker - Adjunct Associate Professor of Organ Performance